Contact a Humanities Office or Academic unit.
Find your course outlines.

Transfer Credit

Please Note: This information is for current students looking to pursue coursework outside of McMaster. Students seeking admission to the university with possible transfer credit, please click here and contact the Office of the Registrar for more information.

Students may wish to pursue coursework through another institution towards their degree. There are academic regulations surrounding this of which students should be aware, including but not limited to the following:

  • Students are allowed a maximum of 60 units of transfer credit towards their degree.
  • A maximum of 6 units of transfer credit may be used to recognize a minor.
  • Grades from transfer credit are not factored into a student’s GPA at McMaster.
  • Transfer credit can be given only towards a first degree. All work for a second undergraduate degree must be done at McMaster.

Additional regulations may apply depending on the source of transfer credit.

Below are some sources where a student might pursue transfer credit from another institution:

Study Abroad/Exchange Programs

Letter of Permission

Diplomas/Certificates through C.C.E.