1.Familiarize Yourself with the Programs/Plans in Humanities
- Your first year courses will have given you an experience of what it might be like to study a particular subject. However, you can go further and explore the various departments’ websites to learn more about upper year courses, research interests and experiential opportunities. Each program has specific admission requirements. It is important to familiarize yourself with these to ensure you have taken the appropriate first year courses. Click on ‘Undergraduate Programs‘ and/or ‘Departments‘ to learn more.
2. Attend the Humanities Majors Fair
Every March, the faculty hosts a Majors Fair to provide information on Level II programs. Faculty members, staff, and current students are on hand to provide details on program structure, extracurricular opportunities and career/postgraduate options. Attend the fair to explore your options and choose a Level II program that best meets your academic and personal goals.
MAJORS FAIR 2021: Wednesday March 10th 2021 from 10:00am – 3:30pm ONLINE via Zoom Webinars
If you missed the Majors Fair, we are offering several online webinars throughout March and April. We have five (5) dates to choose from below:
Choosing your Program: Navigating Level II with an Academic Advisor
- Wednesday, March 17 at 10:30 AM
- Friday, March 19 at 2:30 PM
- Monday, March 29 at 4:30 PM
- Wednesday, April 7 at 2:30 PM
- Friday, April 23 at 3:30 PM
Registration is required. Humanities students can register on OSCARPlus under Humanities > Humanities Events.
Each webinar is 50 minutes in length, and will cover:
- program options in the Faculty of Humanities
- how to submit program selections on Mosaic in April 2021
- what to expect after you are admitted to a Level II program
- Q&A period with an Academic Advisor
3. Select Program/Plan Choices on Mosaic
- In April, students input their Program/Plan Choices on Mosaic. The Program/Plan application screen is available by clicking ‘My Academics’ in your Student Centre.
- The ranking is VERY important. If you are admitted to your first choice, the system will not evaluate any of your subsequent choices. If you are not admitted to your first choice, you will then be evaluated for your second choice, and so on in descending order.
- Media Arts and Justice, Political Philosophy and Law (JPPL) are both limited enrolment programs. If you wish to be seriously considered, these should be ranked as your first choice. Please remember that JPPL also requires a supplementary application.
4. View your Program/Plan in Mosaic
- At the beginning of June, you can click on the ‘Academics’ tab in your Student Centre to view your program/plan. Course enrolment will follow later in June.