Changing Your Program
Changing your program can mean any of the following:
- Changing to a different plan/major
- Changing from a B.A. to an Honours program, or vice versa
- Changing from a Single Honours program to a Combined Honours program, or vice versa
If you wish to change your program in Humanities, first make sure you qualify by checking the admission requirements of the program in question.
It is always recommended that students first discuss a program change with an advisor to ensure admission requirements are met and review the program requirements.
If you wish to switch to a program in a different faculty, you need to be in contact with that faculty office to discuss requirements and the process for changing.
How to Apply
Depending on the time of year, there are different methods to request a program change.
During April, students can use the Program/Plan Selection Tool in Mosaic to request a program change.
- In your Student Centre click, ‘My Academics’
- Choose the Program/Plan Selection option
- Input your new program choice for consideration
Program requests will be reviewed during the month of May, and in June students can check under My Academics again to view their program.
At any other time of the year, students need to use the Service Request function under ‘other academic’ in the Student Centre. Note this should be used only if you have already qualified for your program in a previous academic year. If you are using the current academic year to qualify, wait until April and use the Program/Plan tool noted above.