All official information regarding COVID-19 at McMaster should be obtained from the Office of the Registrar at this link: https://registrar.mcmaster.ca/covid-19/
Tuesday, March 17th 2020
This is an important update on COVID-19 for all students registered in the Faculty of Humanities.
1. Please monitor your McMaster email account for official communications from the University. This will be the Faculty’s primary form of communication with you, especially for all academic accommodations relating to illnesses and absences.
2. For relief of missed academic work worth 24% or less of the final grade resulting from medical or personal situations lasting up to 3 calendar days in duration, use the McMaster Student Absence Form (MSAF)located in the Mosaic Student Center.
3. For medical or personal situations lasting more than 3 calendar days, and/or for missed academic work worth 25% or more of the final grade, and/or for any request for relief in a term where the MSAF has been used previously in that term, we will be accepting Notification of Absence forms via email only. You can submit your completed Notification of Absence via email using the embedded button at the bottom of the PDF document. No supporting documentation is required in the Winter 2020 term. If warranted, the Faculty Office will approve the absence, and the instructor will determine appropriate relief.
4. The last date to withdraw from classes was Friday March 13th. For course withdrawal after March 13th, students should refer to the Late Withdrawal Policy and contact the Humanities Academic Advising office by email should they wish to pursue a late withdrawal.
5. Effective March 17th and until further notice, Humanities Academic Advising will no longer be offering in-person advising sessions. Students are welcome to email email@example.com, or a specific Academic Advisor, with any academic questions or concerns. We will respond to your inquiries as soon as we can. Please contact only ONE email address at a time. Contacting multiple staff members in the office significantly affects our response time, and slows down our ability to help all students.
More information will be sent out by our office and your instructors in the coming days.
Students can always view our current hours on the Contact Us page.